Cayman Islands's inflation, consumer prices (annual %) is currently -0.63%
, according to the most recent World Bank data for the country (2016)
The consumer price index gauges inflation by indicating the yearly percentage shift in the expenses for an average consumer to procure a collection of goods and services, which could either remain constant or alter at specified periods like annually; typically employing the Laspeyres formula.
- Cayman Islands's inflation, consumer prices (annual %) for 2016 was -0.625%, a 73.37% increase from 2015, with a +1 difference.
- In 2015 it was -2.348%, a -284.27% increase from 2014, with a -4 difference.
- In 2014 it was 1.274%, a -41.04% increase from 2013.
- In 2013 it was 2.161%, a 81.72% increase from 2012.
- In 2012 it was 1.189%, a -10.30% increase from 2011.
Average, Lowest, and Highest Recorded Values
The average inflation, consumer prices (annual %), value for Cayman Islands is currently 0.4646% (average of years with recorded data) with a lowest recorded value of -2.3475% in 2015 and a highest value of 2.1606% in 2013.