Lao PDR's inflation, consumer prices (annual %) is currently 22.96%
, according to the most recent World Bank data for the country (2022)
The consumer price index gauges inflation by indicating the yearly percentage shift in the expenses for an average consumer to procure a collection of goods and services, which could either remain constant or alter at specified periods like annually; typically employing the Laspeyres formula.
- Lao PDR's inflation, consumer prices (annual %) for 2022 was 22.956%, a 511.25% increase from 2021, with a +19 difference.
- In 2021 it was 3.756%, a -26.42% increase from 2020, with a -2 difference.
- In 2020 it was 5.104%, a 53.62% increase from 2019.
- In 2019 it was 3.323%, a 62.84% increase from 2018.
- In 2018 it was 2.04%, a 147.18% increase from 2017.
Average, Lowest, and Highest Recorded Values
The average inflation, consumer prices (annual %), value for Lao PDR is currently 16.8977% (average of years with recorded data) with a lowest recorded value of 0.1412% in 2009 and a highest value of 125.2721% in 1999.